About the Opportunity
Working in our Woodstock location, the Industrial Designer – New Product Integration will assist in the planning and development of new products to ensure Maglin’s name and reputation is increasingly associated with designs that are innovative, aesthetic, trend setting, functional, sustainably conscious, and incorporate the highest degree of quality in all details.
- As an integral component of the Product Advisory Group, the Industrial Designer – New Product Integration will work with internal and external design teams to develop new products with the intended product specifications while maintaining established project timelines.
CAD / Prototyping
- Prepare models and drawings for design review and prototyping.
- Coordinate engineering input with outside design and fabricators.
- Create, assemble and install product samples and prototypes.
- Review samples and perform testing for strength, durability, functionality, and overall aesthetics.
- Establish and complete the scope of product for hand off to Engineering.
- Assist Marketing as required for product launch with active files.
Research and Material/Product Testing
- Thoroughly test and document all current and new materials/products.
- Provide recommendations for installation, maintenance and care guidelines.
- Provide environmental data sheets with product certification for new and existing product.
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks (preferably in a manufacturing setting)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Office 365
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills within own department and to other departments
- Graduate of Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering Technologist program or similar
Maglin offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit program.
Maglin Site Furniture is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.